The Snowy Owls of our study site in Utqiagvik, Alaska did not nest in 2020; therefore, we do not have any 2020 chicks available for symbolic adoption. As such, your Snowy Owl adoption will include band information for a 2019 chick - a group of young owls who have just reached their first birthday!
These adoptions and are a unique way to connect with the Snowy Owls of the Alaskan Arctic and help support our research and conservation around the species. Your Snowy Owl Adoption documents include the following:
- A personalized Certificate of Snowy Owl Adoption with banding information including band number, leg placment, banding date and location, number in nest, and hatch order
- A color photograph of Owl Research Institute Founder Denver Holt banding chicks in the field
- A Snowy Owl fact sheet
- 2 Owl Research Institute stickers
- An acknowledgment letter and thank you
- The Roost, annual newsletter of ORI
- Optional gift message to recipient
Banded Snowy Owl Adoption
- If you include a gift message, it will be printed on a gift card and included with the package
- Packages are shipped via US Postal Service
- If it is a gift, be sure to include the receipient's name and address.